Whether you’re looking for a quick casserole to toss together on Christmas morning (which has always been a family tradition for me) or just looking for something yummy and savory to take with you to your next gathering, this recipe from my sweet cousin Elizabeth will truly hit the spot. And it is SO easy to make!
- Two cans of crescent rolls
- One package of ground sausage
- One boxed package of cream cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Take one of the crescent rolls out of the package, find where the dough is perforated, separate it and roll it out flat and place it in the bottom of a rectangular Pyrex dish.
- Using a skillet, brown your entire package of sausage.
- Once you are finished, make sure to drain the sausage well.
- Mix your browned sausage with your package of cream cheese.
- Spread it evenly on top of the crescent roll that you have already placed in your Pyrex dish.
- Roll out the other crescent roll and place on top of the mixture in the dish.
- If you want to add butter (& who doesn’t?), you can melt a small amount and brush it on top of the top crescent roll. Not too much though, or your crescent roll will take forever to cook.
- Pop it in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- VOILA! Easy breakfast casserole that takes very little time to prepare and tastes SO GOOD.
I’ve also heard of other ingredients being added to this recipe to add a little flavor. Have you made this before? What are your variations? Let us know!
Recipe courtesy of Elizabeth Truelove Fleet, the sweetest cousin you’ll ever meet. ?