Any of my friends & family that are reading this are all probably snort-laughing at the title because FOR YEARS Taco Soup was all I knew how to cook, and they all knew it. “Ryn’s making Taco Soup,” they’d say … anytime they were coming to my house and I was cooking … anything.
Needless to say, it’s been a “thing” for a LONG time. So much so that I made a new Butternut Squash Soup last night as posted about it on Instagram and my friend Ashley responded saying, “Wait, this isn’t Taco Soup?! Who is this?! Ryn 2.0?!”
YES. I AM A NEW CREATION, BLESS THE LORD. PRAISE GOD.
I figured I’d share the infamous soup that that has carried me (and those who loved me enough to humor me) through all those years.
It really is a great soup, and SO easy! Enjoy!
- 1 oz taco seasoning I prefer McCormick mild taco seasoning
- 1 can chicken broth 14 ounces
- 1 can green enchilada sauce 10 ounces
- 1 can cream of chicken soup 10.75 ounces
- 1 can white chicken breast drained, 12.5 ounces
- 1 can pinto beans drained and rinsed, 15 ounces
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes drained, 14.5 ounces
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed, 15 ounces
- 1 can sweet corn drained, 14.5 ounces
- Mix all ingredients together in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips or oyster crackers.
- Top with shredded cheese.