Does your family have any recipes that are traditional for you during Christmas or other holiday seasons? Ours does! Every year starting around Thanksgiving (or prior-to at the request of my step-dad Bubba Curry, Mr. "We have to get to Thanksgiving early so I can make sure I get some snacks" himself 😂 ) my family makes a Chex Mix that I am CONVINCED is flavored by angels and/or dew from Heaven. If you've ever heard the phrase "it's so good it'll make you swallow your tongue," that's the kind of "good" we are talking about, so I can't blame him for wanting to pregame for his Turkey with some Scrabble. Here's hoping you enjoy it as much as we do!
A few items to grab before you get started:
- 2 or 3 temporary alluminum pans that you typically use to cook a turkey in. Here's an example!
- An unscented trash bag. The reason for this will become clear later. 😅 (Nothing says "Hi, we are from Alabama" quite like "you're gonna need a trash bag for this," does it?) BLESS.
1 box Rice Chec
1 box Corn Chex
1 box Chees Crackers
1 box Small Straight Pretzels
1 lg. bag Cashews
2 c. Whole Pecan Halves
1 med. can Parmesan Cheese
1 T. Worcestershire Sauce
1 lb. Butter
1 T. Garlic Salt
- Melt butter, add Parmesan Cheese,
- garlic salt & Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix Rice Chex, Corn Chex, Cheese Crackers, Pretzels, Peanuts, Cashews, and Pecans together in your unscented trash bag. Can you tell that I'm from Alabama yet? 😂 My one claim to fame is that Brenda Gantt & I went to the same high school. Tuscaloosa County High School gave me some of my very favorite memories. Go Wildcats!
- Add butter mixture evenly & toss well.
- Bake at 175 degrees for 2 hours. Stir occassionally.
Here's the picture my Nana sent to me when I asked for our Scrabble Recipe.
John Curry is my Papa.🥰