All of us will go through times where we need to cling to the promises of God. These verses are a spiritual defibrillator for our downcast hearts. I hope these verses will lift your spirits and remind you of how loved you are! Take a few minutes to read through them and allow the Lord to speak to your heart in a personal way.
1. "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." (Jeremiah 29:11, ESV)
2. "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28, ESV)
3. "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them." (Ephesians 2:10, ESV)
4. "Great peace have those who love Your law; nothing can make them stumble." (Psalm 119:165, ESV)
5. "For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor. No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly." (Psalm 84:11 ESV)
6. "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10, ESV)
7. "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given to him." (James 1:5, ESV)
8. "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13, ESV)
9. "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid." (John 14:27, ESV)
10. "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." (Psalm 147:3, ESV)
What other promises of God speak to your heart? Do you need prayer?